Budtender – Sandy / Foster / Division
Who We Are:
Deanz Greenz was built on the idea of being a place that doesn’t leave anybody out. Our number one priority is making sure your experience in our shop is pleasant and welcoming. That is why we have a diverse crew of budtenders and staff from all different age ranges, demographics, and even cannabis smoking styles. We have assembled a cast of experts that are truly here to help guide you in the right direction.
Needless to say, we value our staff’s knowledge to help you make better-informed purchases. Whether you are looking to try edibles or oil for the first time, or a seasoned vet coming in to stock up, we have the right staff to answer all your questions. We have incorporated in each staff member’s day on the clock, a set time for personal creative ideas.
The Budtender is the customer’s first point of contact and therefore must demonstrate excellent customer service by providing our customers with a friendly and welcoming attitude, quality product information, and a clean and comfortable store environment. The Budtender should have a working knowledge of cannabis products, OLCC rules, and a desire and passion to learn. Candidates must also be flexible in their availability and punctual in their attendance.
Important: Deanz Greenz has established strict policies and protocols that comply with and go beyond the state and federal guidelines. The safety of our staff, customers, and community is our first priority!
- Maintain store cleanliness and sanitation per the store’s strict Social Distancing Policy.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of strains, products, consumption methods, and cannabis culture.
- Maintain an organized, safe, and inspiring store experience.
- Check IDs of visitors. Ensure visitors sign in and wear visitor ID.
- Promote a work environment that is positive, professional, customer-service oriented, and compliant.
- Answer the phone and greet walk-in customers.
- Efficiently use the Point of Sale (POS) system, handle cash accurately, and distribute products and materials in accordance with OLCC rules and store policies.
- Verify proper age of customer by knowledgeably reviewing IDs and OMMP registrations for customers/patients.
- Report issues to Shift Leads or Managers.
- Follow store policies and procedures regarding opening, closing, stocking products, assisting customers, performing sales.
- Other duties as assigned by Shift Leads and Management.
- First and foremost, you have a geeky passion for the cannabis industry and the holistic benefits this plant can offer.
- You are an excellent listener and equally excellent in advising our customers on the right product needed.
- You are an expert in glass pipes, bongs, and other smoking devices.
- You are highly motivated, enjoy a fast-paced environment and be able to switch gears with ease.
- You are serious about the craft and spend time doing research and furthering your education on all of the processes involved in making oil, other cannabis products and bringing it to market.
- You have outstanding people and customer service skills, and strong communication skills.
- You have your OLCC Marijuana workers permit.
- You have a firm respect and deep understanding of the required compliance and laws necessary to operate in this industry.
- OLCC Marijuana Worker Permit (OR PROOF OF SUBMITTED APPLICATION*)
- Reliable transportation
- Must be willing to work early mornings, evenings, nights, and weekends, as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis
*Proof of submitted application means: Applicant can show that they have taken the marijuana worker permit test and submitted their marijuana worker permit application in the OLCC system.
Compensation for this position starts at $15.50/hr and is eligible for an increase after successful completion of the introductory period.
LOCATION: We are hiring Sandy, Foster, and Division locations.
If you are an organized professional with a passion for cannabis and outstanding customer service and this position sounds like a great fit for your professional career goals, we would be excited to hear from you! Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and responses to the application questions. Within your cover letter, please share with us which of your core value(s) most align with ours. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deanz Greenz complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please message us through the portal with your application.